Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My First Days of "Freedom"

School is officially out! Chad and I (barely) survived our first year of teaching and are EXTREMELY happy to have some freedom! I took advantage of Saturday by staying in my pjs all day! I think I was 12 the last time I did that...it was AWESOME!
We had a BBQ with Hayley and Mike on Monday at "the secret park" close to our apartment. The weather was weird- sunny one minute, then cloudy and windy the next. It got increasingly better though! Unfortunately, since then I have been in meetings but I am getting paid to be there, so it all works out! I am praying that the Winslows will call tonight with baby news so that I don't have to go to the meetings tomorrow, if not, well, tomorrow is the last day anyway.
Chad has loved not having me around- let me explain: he has this strong urge to watch violent movies, something I cannot do without getting really distraught. We rented 7 movies for him so that he can get his fill of violence for a while (it makes me...happy?). I'm out.

3 comments:

Hayley Winslow said...

Sorry I didn't help you with the "skipping of the meetings". I actually have been throwing my own fit for the past few days because I really don't want to go sub for the Sitzprobe tonight and I don't want to do my own tomorrow. This kid is being stubborn, however, and will not give into my constant pleads and the never ending contractions. I'll try harder!!!

Ryan and Mandi said...

Oh sure.... don't even tell me about your blog. I have to find out from Hayley's link. :( Ok, I'll forgive you. I can't wait to come down in a few days (hopefully).

Me said...

Isn't it great to be done with school for a while. I'm so glad to hear that things are going well for the both of you. I tried to send you an invite to our blog, hopefully it worked.