Monday, July 26, 2010

The Vaycayshun

We just went on our last "official" vacation of the summer. We have one more trip to Las Vegas before school starts to visit with my best friend from my childhood years, but psychologically, we are in back-to-school mode. We told ourselves that this was our final vacation before school and baby and we are ready to be back. Its a little scary but really exciting at the same time.

The Trip:
We drove to Barstow, CA on Friday night last week and spent the night there. We headed out early on Saturday and spent the day at SeaWorld. We had a lovely time going to the shows and feeding sea animals.


Me, watching the sharks. I think.

Sharks. I'm sure those are sharks.

Watchin "Shamu Rocks." We watched the earlier show ad I even sat in the "soak zone" however, we did not get soaked, actually we didn't even get wet. All we got was this girl's hair whipping my leg the whole time because she couldn't leave it alone. Ugh, by the way, I think long hair is generally gross. I don't like it touching me.

Sunday we had planned on going whale watching and thought we planned accordingly, but boy were we wrong! We left an hour and a half before our boat was to leave (we were staying about 15 miles away). The boat was delayed 20 minutes and we still did not have enough time to drive park and walk to the boat. I was SOOO mad! We ended up rescheduling for Monday morning at 9 a.m. We re-vamped our plans and went to an outdoor mall, saw Inception (SO worth it, everyone should go see it), had dinner at The Cheescake Factory and headed over to the OC Fair where we were catching a Train concert!

We entered the Fairgrounds and my oh my, we must have looked like we were from a small town because neither of us had EVER seen a fair like this before. We could have spent days discovering the fair- I wish we would have known it was going to be so huge, we'd have spent the morning there!

The concert was FANTASTIC! Train is a group I have been a fan of since their debut and this was the second time I was able to see them. This particular show was the biggest the OC had ever had and that Train had ever played! We were so glad to be a part of it! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

This was taken during the concert by Train- its their tradition during the song It is Love... anyway, i freakin joined Twitter just so I could get it...I'm THAT LAME!

Us, after the concert, Chad took video, I'll try to get it going. I looked for the picture that had the least amount of pregnancy pudge face. Note to self and others who are pregnant- COLORS are best, don't wear white. Bad choice.
*Chad bought this Turkey leg after the show- gross. He bit into and got some bones. I was soo grossed out, and I had to hold it on the way back to the hotel while he drove. I almost threw up on it.


Monday we woke early, checked out of our hotel and left again for whale watching. Even with commute traffic, we made it in plenty of time and ate a tasty breakfast on the pier while we waited for the boat to be readied. We spent two and a half hours on the boat looking for whales, dolphins, and sea lions. We weren't able to see any whales, but we saw lots of dolphins and a few sea lions. We also saw some HUGE fish, I'm not sure what they were, but they lurked in the water like sharks!! We loved being out there! Dad had given us a suggestion on lunch the day before, so we headed out on the pier off the beach and ate at Ruby's Diner, a cute little 50's style restaurant. We watched a bunch of fishermen just outside and had a great time just taking in the ocean and spending time together.



Open Ocean. This was a little scary for Chad and me. We are land people and deep water freaks us out. But we really did enjoy ourselves.


Sea Lions. We did see them in the actual ocean, but they were hard to catch with the delay on our camera.


These are the giant fishes we saw, I did a random shot, but we got them! They look like sharks!


Us on the boat. We really had a great time!


Us on the pier in front of Ruby's!

We left from Newport Beach to drive to Las Vegas to spend the night with Colby and Stephanie. We were so nervous about driving through Baker in the middle of the day, so we broke out the rest of our water and turned off the AC. We made it without any problems and went swimming that evening at Doug and Kay's. It was wonderfully relaxing! We spent the next day hanging out with our nieces and nephews!

I'm sure we have much more in the way of documentation for this trip, but I think it is via video and I don't have the energy (or desire) to post the video. And really vacation video is only interesting to those who were on the actual vacation, in my opinion.

No comments: