Wednesday, August 18, 2010

36

That's right- only 4 weeks to go! Or less, depending on what this baby decides to do! Here are the pics, you can tell that I am getting bigger... I am not arching my back at all in this pic or sticking out my butt- FYI.


Oh, and if you were wondering, yes, I did get a haircut: added bangs and got a better A-line- I love it, however, I really want it short again. Not super short, but short. We'll see what I go with after I've lost the baby weight and my face isn't so pudgy. I also went darker as well, it just seemed like it was time for a change with the hair!

And we are now taking bets on when you think little dude will arrive.
The due date: Sept. 15.

Bets are 50 cents. Unless someone wants to up that...?
We're looking for date and time of day (morning, afternoon, evening).

I'll re-post in a bit, I don't have time to put ours on right now, we've got to leave for Cedar. Anyway, I'll also update you on the other parts of our life when I get a minute!

I totally just figured out how to see this and change the font and font color, etc. I feel so super lame for NOT knowing until now.
Everything after this was posted later...

So. Our Life. We started school one week ago. It has been a busy week! Chad played two shows and two after shows on the second and third days of school. Being the wonderful wife that I am, I told him to call me on his way home so that he didn't fall asleep in the car, which meant that I was up just as long as he was. It was worth it though- I like my husband! Saturday was a parade and pool party with Chad's band kids. In between, we attended a funeral for Chad's co-worker's husband who died very unexpectedly just before school started. It was a very reflective time for Chad and me about what is really important in our lives. After the late nights and early mornings and high emotions, Chad slept for about 4 hours on Saturday night to get caught up on sleep.

We have both really enjoyed our classes and are really looking forward to an awesome year. On top of teaching, I am getting prepped for my sub, which means I am planning ahead for all of 1st quarter and a few weeks into 2nd quarter. It just easier for me to plan ahead until Christmas Break and have all my copies, etc done so that my sub is ready and doesn't have to worry about anything AND so that I don't have to worry about crazy planning when I get back to school. It also means that I have about 12-15 IEP meetings to hold before Sept. 15. So I'm keeping busy! Everyone tells me that I should be taking it easy these last few weeks before the baby comes and I totally agree, however, it just isn't possible as a teacher :)

As for our 50 cents:
Chad's money is on Sept. 12 early in the morning (before 7 a.m.).
I think that as soon as my IEPs, sub plans, USF, and our birth classes are done (this would be around Sept. 2) and I am able to relax a bit, the baby will be born. However, looking at family birth patterns, my money is on Sept. 13 in the late evening (7 p.m. or later).
If you want to place a bet, leave a comment with your guess, you'll get at least a dollar out of it if you win!

We'll keep posting belly pics weekly
until there is a baby to post about!

4 comments:

mom said...

Wow! The little dude is growing! So are you! He has put quite a 'sway' in your back! Ouch! I'll be thinking on a due date and time of day and let you know!

brigette said...

How exciting!! You are super close. Best of luck

Chelsea said...

Hmmmm I think he'll be born on Sept 3 at 12:29 am;) That's when my baby was born 2 yrs. ago. So exciting and you are so busy! Wow, don't know how you do it all Bethany!:)

mom said...

I think my 11th grandchild and my father's 11th great-grandchild, will be born on Sept. 11th before noon! He should come on his great-grandfather's 79th birthday! I'll put .50 cents on it!