Thursday, July 3, 2008

New Job??

This morning, as I was putting phone calls in to perfect our perfectly planned life (I don't exaggerate) I recieved a phone call that tore apart my perfectly planned life. I am a planner and a solver. I plan things WAY ahead of time so that if a problem arises I can solve it before a deadline. Well through careful planning and prayer, Chad and I had felt that our life was going great- we both had full time jobs in the same town, we could afford to move out there into an actual house, we had a timeline for moving, getting back to work, going to necessary meetings for work- all the things I do to keep myself sane. We had started looking in papers and online for homes to rent in Hurricane and I decided to call on them today. Almost every single number led to the same house- one that we came upon by accident and really thought was a cute house. It was right next to where I was going to be working, great rent- perfect for us, fate (as it were) was intervening!
Not quite so...I hung up with the landlord of the house and immediately answered a call from the Principal at LaVerkin Elementary School informing me that I would be working at her school next year- I had been reassigned. I had heard no such thing and asked politely if she could repeat that. She did and was entirely confused, so we both hung up and made our phone calls to the district office. I found out, quite to my dismay, that it was indeed true and that I would be teaching 3rd grade at LaVerkin Elementary next year. I spoke with the interim director of special education later tonight (she quite literally called in the middle of a breakdown I was having) and I feel somewaht ok with the situation at hand. There are still issues at hand that need to be settled, so I may yet be able to work in special education- but everything is up in the air- and for those of you who know me well- that doesn't work in my world...I NEED TO PLAN!!!
I am entirely conflicted for many reasons- I don't know about teaching 3rd grade- it has never been a goal EVER to be an elementary school teacher- my passion is special education. But if I didn't have a dual degree, I wouldn't have a job right now, as I am reminding myself constantly- I am lucky to have a job. I do have a feeling that the ranting and breaking down will all be for naught- things will work out the way they need to.
Thanks for listening-I'll keep you "posted" (he he) on the situation!

1 comment:

Me said...

That is so crazy!! I can't believe that they blind sighted you like that. Good luck! I know that you would do good in any grade. You're awesome!