Thursday, July 3, 2008

Family

It has been a while sit I sat down to bog. My mom, sister, and nephew came down and stayed with us from the 22nd until the 27th. They really came to see my new nephew, but I like to think they were her for me...just kidding. We went on a shopping spree to buy my niece, Anna, a new wardrobe since she hit a growth spurt and didn't fit into any of her summer clothes (and as you may know, St. George is a place where a summer wardrobe is a MUST-HAVE!!). It was lots of fun- all the girls went shopping while the boys went to my sister's house and played video games- we are obviously a very gender specific family!
We also went to a place called Jumpin' Jacks. For any St. George Residents with children or not- this place is AWESOME! It's an indoor place with the blow up play equipment (like slides and obstacle courses and boxing rings where you use gloves the size of Kansas) that you would find a carnivals and outdoor festivals. This is a place where parents take their children during the hot St. George summer days to play. Well for BORING adults, you can opt to sit and "watch" free of charge. Or if you're an AWESOME adult, you opt to play with the kids for $5. My sister, Mandi, by brother-in-law, Mike, and I opted to play. Mandi and I did an obstacle course together. I wish we would have had someone with a camera on us- it was hilarious. First we couldn't get up because we were awkwardly big and once we finally did, we toppled town the slides instead of gracefully flowing down them. Everyone ended up playing-it was ridiculous fun!
My dad came for about 5 hours on his way home from a business trip- he threw out his back and could hardly move two days before he left on the trip and then had huge weather issues coming home from the east coast- poor daddy! He made it to St. George, met the new grandson, and then got in the van with everyone else and headed home! Poor guy...
We BBQed and watched movies together, saw shows, spent lots of money, held the baby, played with the kiddos, etc. Its always fun to have family around.
About 2 hours after my family left, Chad's brother called and asked if they could come visit that night. We had planned on them coming to see Les Mis with their daughter, so we had already started laundry and they came around 9:00 on the 27th. We played games with them, saw Get Smart (which was MUCH BETTER than I had originally thought it would be- I was impressed), I got to see Les Mis with them. We always love having them around. They left the morning of the 29th. They are such wonderful positive people- I need to be around them more!!
It was an eventful week. Needless to say, Chad and I crashed when all was said and done. It was a very fun week!

No comments: